CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
WHAT WE COLLECT
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on the Ashby's Fruit & Vegetable Supplies' Website including name, contact details and demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests;
- order details;
- any correspondence between you and us;
- any surveys that we may ask you to complete;
- details of your visits to the Ashby's Fruit & Vegetable Supplies' Website and the resources that you access, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise;
- information about your purchases made via the Ashby's Fruit & Vegetable Supplies' Website.
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER
We use this information to understand your needs and to provide you with the best service possible. In particular, we use this information for the following purposes:
- To provide the service of fulfilling orders placed by our website or App
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
HOW LONG WE KEEP INFORMATION
We keep information for as long as necessary to comply with legislation or to fulfil the purpose for which we collected the information. Order data is currently kept for 7 years according to legal requirements and this timescale will change in line with any new directives.
We may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile Data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you. We only use the data you provide to us directly for this purpose.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising.
We only send electronic marketing - such as email marketing - to people who have previously bought products from us, or who have registered with us through the site, competitions, App or newsletters and this is in our legitimate interests. We will always offer a way out of receiving this marketing when you first purchase our products and in every marketing communication afterwards.
We may also send out postal marketing for the purpose of growing our sales which is in our legitimate interests and in this scenario we will rely on you to let us know if you do not want to receive this by opting out of marketing.
We may also send alerts and notifications via the app, in this scenario we will only send these if you allow push and other notifications to appear on your phone.
Where you have not previously bought from us but have registered your details with us (for example by entering a competition or signing up for a newsletter), we will only send you marketing communications if you opted into receiving marketing at the time and so given us your express consent (which you may withdraw at any time).
Where you have registered with us to hear an update when we deliver to your area we will only contact you expressly for this purpose. To receive any other marketing you will need to sign up for our newsletter.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place specific procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online, such as pseudonymisation, encryption, access restrictions and retention policies.
We also ensure that all of your personal information is only stored and handled within the European Union.
COOKIES AND HOW WE USE THEM
The cookies on this Site are either set by us or by our third party partners and fall into the following categories:
We want to ensure we provide a good experience. These cookies (which are set by third parties providing services to us) allow us to monitor how visitors use our Site. These cookies provide us with anonymous statistics on how many people visit the Site and where they have come from and the pages they visit so that we can continue to develop and improve the Site and our services. They also help us understand the effectiveness of our advertising.
THIRD PARTY DESCRIPTION
Google Ads Tracking of pay-per-click advertising conversion http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/ads/
Google Analytics Collects statistical information about how you use the site so that we can improve the site http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
These cookies allow third parties to identify what you find popular, allowing a more personalised and relevant selection of advertisements to be displayed when you browse the internet. They normally won't just be from us, but build an overall, but anonymous, picture of an individuals preferences based how they have browsed the internet, in order to deliver more relevant advertising. You may see interest-based advertising on this Site, but also on third party websites which uses information collected about your browsing activity on this Site.
THIRD PARTY DESCRIPTION
Google Ads - Manages display advertising around the site, and gathering data for targeted advertising http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/ads/
Google Analytics Remarketing - Collects statistical information for display and search retargeting. http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/ads/
Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting - Anonymous demographic data and interest targeting to serve online advertisements. http://www.google.com/policies/technologies/ads/
Facebook - Gathers data on pages viewed and actions completed to make property recommendations via advertisements when browsing Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/policies/cookies/
Please note that if you adjust your internet browser settings to refuse the setting of cookies, you may not be able to access or use fully certain parts or functionality of the Site.
COOKIES AND BROWSER SETTINGS
The help feature on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie and how to disable cookies altogether.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- In the event that we sell any of Ashby's Fruit & Vegetable Supplies' business or assets, we may disclose your personal data to the prospective buyer of such business or assets.
- If Ashby's Fruit & Vegetable Supplies or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by Ashby's Fruit & Vegetable Supplies about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
You may make a request under the Data Protection Act 1998 for details of the personal information that we hold about you. For multiple requests, or requests in a format outside the standard process, al fee of £10 will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held about you please email us.
You are responsible for ensuring that the details you provide to us are correct and complete. If you believe that any information we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Calls may be recorded by a call provider. Other than phone number, no identifying information is held as part of recorded calls. All recorded call data can be retrieved and deleted upon customer request, as per GDPR guidelines. By including the above in customer documentation, and also by alerting all parties that calls will be recorded for training and monitoring purposes before every call, and additionally by providing the opportunity for customers to opt out of being recorded by hanging up.